The Following Sources Were Used for Images/Graphic Content:
Library of Congress - LOC.Gov
Note: Specific Locations for Each Graphic Are Cited on Each Graphic
- Carey, Mathew. The olive branch, or, Faults on both sides, Federal and Democratic : a serious appeal on the necessity of mutual forgiveness and harmony, to save ... 7th ed., enlarged.. Philadelphia, Decr. 20, 1815. 486pp.Sabin Americana. Gale, Cengage Learning. Michigan State University Libraries. 26 September 2017
- Chambers, William N. Political parties in a new nation: the American experience, 1776-1809. Oxford Univ. Press, 1978.
- Hartford Convention.: The proceedings of a convention of delegates, convened at Hartford, in the state of Connecticut, December 15, 1814. REPORT, &c. https://search-proquest-com.proxy1.cl.msu.edu/docview/136752892?accountid=12598. Taken from MSU Library Database
- History.com Staff. “Federalist Party.” History.com, A&E Television Networks, 2009, www.history.com/topics/federalist-party.
- LaCroix, Alison L. "The Authority for Federalism: Madison's Negative and the Origins of Federal Ideology." Law & History Review, vol. 28, no. 2, Summer2010, pp. 453-505. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1017/S0738248010000064.
- Reardon, John J. "Religious and Other Factors in the Defeat of the "Standing Order" in Connecticut, 1800-1818." Historical Magazine of the Protestant Episcopal Church, vol. 30, no. 2, Mar. 1961, pp. 93-110. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=31h&AN=45971286&site=ehost-live.
- Stagg, John Charles Anderson. The War of 1812: conflict for a continent. Cambridge University Press, 2012.Tinkcom, Harry Marlin. The Republicans And Federalists In Pennsylvania, 1790-1801: a Study In National Stimulus And Local Response.Harrisburg: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, 1950.
Quotes Provided by the National Archives at https://founders.archives.gov/
Note: Specific Locations of Quotes Located Below Each Quote on Each Page